TRIP TERMS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
It is understood and agreed that all of the following plus the attached contract represent the entirety of the contract between Whitewater Express, Inc. d/b/a Ski Celebration (hereinafter referred to as “Ski Celebration”) and the customer listed on the attached contract (hereinafter referred to as customer). The supplier terms and conditions as noted in the attached contract will supersede terms and responsibilities listed below.
- Please return one signed copy of this document and one signed copy of the attached contract. The deposit should also be sent so as to reach Ski Celebration by the due date. All reservations are considered tentative until the deposit and signed contracts are received. The entire trip may be cancelled by Ski Celebration if the deposits, payments, and contracts are not received by the due dates.
- Reservations for equipment rentals and lodging rooms will not be guaranteed unless the Group Rooming Form and Equipment Rental Form are received by the due dates. Failure to drop reservations for rooms, rental equipment, or meals by the dates noted in the attached contract will result in the customer being charged for those items in full.
- All taxes and gratuities are included in prices quoted for meals, lodging, equipment rentals, and ski lift tickets. Gratuities have not been included for bus drivers (if included on contract) and may be added on at your option.
- Ski Celebration strongly recommends that all beginner skiers start by taking a group ski lesson. There will be a charge for these lessons if it is not included on the attached contract. It is important that all participants ski under control and ski only the areas appropriate for their skill level.
- Ski Celebration has no control over snow conditions and therefore can not guarantee any snow conditions at any area at any time.
SKI CELEBRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of Ski Celebration and/or its agents is limited. Ski Celebration acts only as an agent for customers in making their travel arrangements and assumes no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity either by reason or defect, through acts of defaults of any company or person engaged in conveying the passengers or in carrying out the arrangements of the tours, or direct or indirect acts of God, fire, breakdown in machinery or equipment, riots, strikes, or from any causes beyond the control of Ski Celebration. Tour services including, but not limited to, lift ticket, rental equipment, transportation, meals, or lodging accommodations are furnished by independent contractors who do not act or on behalf of Ski Celebration. Ski Celebration is not liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any act, error of omission or for inconvenience, loss, damage, injury or death arriving out of tour arrangements.
In the event of inclement weather or other causes or events beyond the control of Ski Celebration, Inc. which result in delays, it shall not be the responsibility of Ski Celebration, Inc. to pay for related costs and expenses, including but not limited to, additional lodging expense, additional meals expense, or other similar expenses. The acceptance of tour arrangements is deemed to be consent to all of the above.
The customer agrees to communicate complete and accurate information to all participants and responsible parties all of those important things such as the Skier Responsibility Code, ski lesson availability and cost, trip expenses, and trip itinerary. The customer also agrees to abide by and meet all aspects of the contract.
Skiers should always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing, as in any other sport, that common sense and awareness can reduce. When you ski you must accept the Skier’s Responsibility Code, outlined here.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have knowledge and ability to load, ride, and unload safely.
Skiing, as in any other sport, has categories of inherent risks that every skier MUST ASSUME if they participate in the sport. Some of these risks are weather, snow and terrain, ice, rocks, and forest growth both above and below the snow surface, and collisions with other skiers. It is part of your responsibility under the Skier Responsibility Code to avoid any and all hazards, be they natural, man-made or man.
The the initial payment shall serve as the security deposit will be applied to the balance.
All payments must be made by the sponsoring organization on behalf of all participants. The non-refundable per person payment is used to secure that person’s space on the trip. When this payment is made, you are guaranteeing that number. Any spaces not needed will be dropped at that time. The non-refundable per person payment is transferable to a replacement person.
Upon receipt of the signed contract and the security deposit, prices are guaranteed. However, some suppliers reserve the right to increase their prices without notice (e.g. fuel surcharge by an airline or bus company). Any resulting charge or expenses will be passed on to the group. Group prices are based on a minimum number of participants. Prices may increase if the number of participants falls below the group minimum required.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
- Ski Celebration will make every reasonable effort to accommodate any additions to the contract, whether with regard to number of participants or added extras. Additional space is always subject to availability.
- Should the customer cancel the entire trip after the security deposit is received but before the non-refundable per payment is received, the customer will receive a credit towards future services equal to the security deposit less a $100 cancellation fee as well as any service fees which occur as a result of the cancellation (a supplier of services might retain the deposit made on your behalf).
- If the customer cancels the entire trip after the security deposit and the non-refundable per person payment have been received, the customer would receive a service credit in the full amount of the security deposit but the non-refundable per person payment is forfeited.
- Should the customer cancel the entire trip after all funds have been received by Ski Celebration the non-refundable per person payment is forfeited (with the exception of #5 below). The security deposit will be returned as a service credit and all recoverable charges from suppliers may be refunded.
- Should the ski area close prior to the customer departure date, Ski Celebration will attempt to reschedule or make arrangements with an alternate location. If these attempts are not possible and the customer wishes to cancel the trip, all payments will be refunded less a $100 service fee and any non-recoverable charges from suppliers.
- Once the customer has begun his trip, should any arranged activity temporarily close, Ski Celebration will attempt to make alternate arrangements. If alternate arrangements are not available, Ski Celebration will refund the cost of that portion of the trip.
CREDIT FOR UNUSED SERVICES
Equipment rentals, meal vouchers, or lift tickets in most cases must be returned by 11:00 A.M. on the scheduled day of use to receive any credit. This is only available at some locations on an individual basis and is not available as an option for your entire group.
Complimentary packages are based on a specific number of participants. In most cases the ratio is one complimentary package per 15 paid skiers. In this case, the customer would receive one complimentary lift ticket and rental package for 16-31 participants. The customer would receive two complimentary lift ticket and rental packages with 32 to 47 participants.
SOME SKI AREAS HAVE HIGHER REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPLIMENTARY PACKAGES-THESE PACKAGES WILL BE ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY.
ALL REQUESTS FOR CANCELLATION MUST BE MADE IN WRITING TO SKI CELEBRATION BY THE CUSTOMER.